Monday, July 04, 2005

Basic comforts

It has come to my attention over the last few weeks that the taking away of something as simple as running hot water can greatly affect the resolve of men (and women). My apartment has a weak, sporadic water heating system, which requires considerable time to heat a veritable old-man-pissing stream of hot water. I have been running the hot water almost non-stop since last night, and the hot water has only just started to come through.
I need a shower. I feel dirty. I had a cold shower last night and it made me feel miserable. The thought of having to go to work with yesterday's grime on me makes me feel depressed.
Our ancestors wouldn't flinch at the absence of hot water, but unfortunately for us, it has become an indispensable commodity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home