Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Middle of the road

I don't like Shania Twain's music. My fiance's cd and a long car ride from Hiroshima made that painfully clear. Although I respect her for the way she turned her life around and dragged herself from the abyss, I have nothing but condemnation for her music. The songs are wishy washy, formulaic and repetetive. Whereas great bands may have a distinctive trademark sound (if you catch a snippet of The Beatles, The Manic Street Preachers or Coldplay on the radio, you know immediately that it is them) Shania Twain's songs all sound the same. The attempt to fuse country and pop is the ultimate in middle of the road yawnworthiness.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just called the Manics a 'great band'. I knew you loved them really.

4:51 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home