Thursday, September 15, 2005

New lifestyle

In a bid to lose the 7 or so kilos that I have gained during my tenure so far in Japan, I started on a strict diet at the start of September. The guidelines were simple - no coffee, no fatty foods, no high-calorie foods, no junk food, no excess sugars, all bought meals to be under 500kcal. I very occasionally have a beer, but now opt for the healthier option of shochu or sake. I'm trying to drink 2 liters of water every day, and drink mugi cha and green tea every so often, and try to play with the school volleyball team at least once a week.

For the first time in my life, I am counting calories, and it's a little strange. But by far the strangest thing is that I don't really miss drinking coffee... perhaps now my body clock is in it's most natural state since I was about 10 years old. I decided to give the new regime a month and see how I felt. At this rate, it might stick for good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home