Friday, October 21, 2005

Walking home by numbers...

The first is the old lady in the hat that put down her shopping bag in order to stare at me head to toe without any distractions.
The second is the old lady in the hat behind her that was trying on other, identical hats from a huge table of hats.
The third is the old lady in the hat in front of me that walked in a diagonal line, causing me to stumble into her.
The fourth is the old lady without a hat that had the most insulting syrup in the world.
The fifth is the old lady in the hat pointing at the bus timetable and grumbling to no one.
The sixth is the old lady in the hat with a parasol that almost ran me over.
The seventh is the old lady in the hat on a bicycle that swerved dangerously in front of me to stop outside the fruit shop.
The eighth is the old lady in the hat that emerged from the fruit shop and caught my shin with her bag.
The ninth is the old lady in the hat that jostled past me at the pedestrian crossing.
The tenth is the old lady in the hat that stared at me open-mouthed from her daughter's car.
The eleventh is the old lady in the hat that inexplicably stopped in the middle of the pavement to stretch.
The twelfth is the old lady without the hat that muttered "gaijin" when I passed her.
The thirteenth was the old lady with the hat that stopped her pootling car in the middle of rush hour traffic, even though I had no intention of crossing the road until it was clear.
The fourteenth was the old lady with the hat that unnecessarily rang her bicycle bell at me, before slowly cycling through the 12' gap between me and the road.
The fifteenth was the old lady in the hat that stared at me from her house window as I walked up the steps to my building.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home