Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Bike troubles...

I have a love hate relationship with my latest mama chari (grandma style) bike... it's very comfortable, and has gears... but the chain has an annoying habit of coming off and getting wedged in the gears... the wedging is annoying, but not nearly as much as the fact that it always seems to happen at really inopportune moments, such as when i am in a hurry, or, as was the case on Saturday, when it was pissing down with rain...

Yes, the rain was tumbling down, yes, I wanted to get home early, and yes, my chain had come off and had lodged itself all greasy and black in the gears... yes, it was messy to fix it, yes, it did take about 20 minutes (no tools), and yes, not a few old ladies stopped to say "it's raining."

At this moment I hate my bike chain.. so much so that I have decided to post a photo of it next to one of UB40, a scathing blow if ever there was one..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home